Rough Magic has been an anchor for theatre production and a significant mentor of a new generation of emerging artists. Since 2001, our SEEDS programme has launched many outstanding theatre makers. Our office in South Great Georges Street is a resource-sharing creative hub where theatre-makers can grow their practice and network with other professionals.
Recent work from Rough Magic includes:
- The Methuen publication of Rough Magic Theatre Company – New Irish Plays and Adaptations 2010-2018, edited by Patrick Lonergan.
- Tonic at the Kilkenny Arts Festival and Dublin Fringe Festival.
- Glue premiering at the Dublin Theatre Festival.
- All the Angels, Irish premiere at the Everyman, Cork and Smock Alley, Dublin.
- Solar Bones by Mike McCormack, produced in partnership with Kilkenny Arts Festival at the Watergate Theatre and streamed on RTE.ie and as part of Culture Ireland’s SEODA Festival
- Commissions for 6 major Irish writers through our new Artist Development Programme COMPASS
- 8 ROUGH IDEAS bursaries for theatre makers
The company has maintained quality in its work over 4 decades to critical acclaim, peer recognition and audience loyalty.
A record 4 Irish Times Best Production Awards
London Time Out Award, and 2 Edinburgh Fringe Firsts
Most recently Irish Times Best Ensemble 2018
All of this is brought to you by the Rough Magic team led by Artistic Director Lynne Parker.